Audio File Tags

Re: Audio File Tags

fredvs

Re: Audio File Tags

fredvs
Administrator
Hello.

In last commit of uos is enabled 'Track' tag for mp3  id3v1.
It does not use the id3 tag feature from library mpg123 ( many problems, not stable ) but a "build-in" uos procedure.

For id3v2, sorry but I dont have time to re-jump into it at the moment.

Re: Audio File Tags

JoeJoeTV
fredvs wrote
Hello.

uos (and all the libraries used) is modified LGPL, so way more free than GPL.

https://github.com/fredvs/uos/blob/main/modifiedLGPL.txt

Hum, about ovotag license.
It is the reason why it is not part of uos.

The GPL license is for the complete ovoplayer project.
Maybe you could ask to Varianus if the same license is applied for ovotag too.

And maybe ask if he would agree to re-license ovotag into modified LGPL...

Good luck.

Fre;D
Sorry to respond to such an old thread, but I recently started playing around with Lazarus and Free Pascal again and while looking at OvoPlayer again, noticed, that there is a repository for ovotag itself, which uses the modified LGPL license from Free Pascal: https://github.com/varianus/ovotag

I though this would be interesting for you.

Re: Audio File Tags

fredvs
Administrator
Hello Joe Joe.