How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

Andrey
How to record sound from a microphone without outputting it to the speaker outputs

Re: How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

fredvs
Administrator
Hello.

Please take a look /uos/examples/simplerecorder.lpr.

Re: How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

fredvs
Administrator
> Please take a look /uos/examples/simplerecorder.lpr.

And if you dont wont output to speakers, just remove the line 238 in main_sr.pas:

 // out1index := uos_AddIntoDevOut(PlayerIndex1);    // remove or comment that line.

Re: How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

Andrey
Thank. I will try.

Re: How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

Andrey
Tell me. How to track the size of the data buffer, which event is responsible for this.
I am running a single player with a data analysis function that runs continuously. Data is written to memory.
How to clear the buffer while the player is running?

Re: How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

fredvs
Administrator
>Data is written to memory.
>How to clear the buffer while the player is running?

Hum... Just now I dont have a flash how to do this.
If I understand ok, you want a certain moment stop the output-memory stream, copy his data, then clear the memoy stream and restart the output-memory stream.

The first thing I see is a little lost of data between stop and start memory stream.

The second thing is that I fear that this cannot done with only one player.

Otherwise, what about to simply use 2 players?

When the buffer of rec-player 1 is full (like you decided), stop it and start rec-player 2 and re-create player 1 without start it.
And when the buffer of rec-player 2 is full, stop it and start player 1  and re-create player 2 without start it.

And so on, like ping-pong switching from player 1 to player 2...

Re: How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

fredvs
Administrator
> Data is written to memory.

Maybe I did not catch what you want.

If you want to analyze "live" the data of the buffer read from the input-sound card, you should only create a DSP procedure that will catch the buffer of each loop of the uos main procedure.

In that case, you dont need to create a output, just deal with the buffer of the input.

Please take a look at the DSP in SimplaPlayer demo.

The VU meters procedure is a example of a DSP procedure.

Re[2]: How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

Andrey
Ok, i will try. The algorithm with two players has already been tested, it works.

Суббота, 4 июля 2020, 19:02 +05:00 от fredvs [via uos Forum] <[hidden email]>:

> Data is written to memory.

Maybe I did not catch what you want.

If you want to analyze "live" the data of the buffer read from the input-sound card, you should only create a DSP procedure that will catch the buffer of each loop of the uos main procedure.

In that case, you dont need to create a output, just deal with the buffer of the input.

Please take a look at the DSP in SimplaPlayer demo.

The VU meters procedure is a example of a DSP procedure.

http://uos-forum.2369694.n4.nabble.com/How-to-record-from-a-microphone-without-output-to-the-speakers-tp739p745.html
To unsubscribe from How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers, click here.
NAML

С уважением,
Андрей Батраков
[hidden email]

Re: Re[2]: How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

fredvs
Administrator
> The algorithm with two players has already been tested, it works.

If you tell me exactly what you want, I could help you better.

Anyway, if you want to do real time DSP, please take a look at SimplePlayer and the uos_InputAddDSP().

There are 3 custom DSP procedures in the demo: DSPReverseBefore, DSPReverseAfter and DSPStereo2Mono.

Maybe you could take a look and how to deal with the buffer.

Re: Re[2]: How to record from a microphone without output to the speakers

Andrey
Ok, i will try. The algorithm with two players has already been tested, it works. Thanks for the help