Problem with Raspberry Pi OS

Epameinondas Kranias
Although I had successfully used uos and lazarus on raspberry on older raspbian operating systems, with the new come OS I face a strange problem.

When it is playing an audio file, it passes it so fast and ends with no sound. Something with the frame rate is not working good. And when I run the application in the command line some errors concerning with the alsa libraries and the frame rate are coming out.

The example programs have the same behavior. When I run the aplay --version I get the 1.1.8 version.

I checked that mpg123 is also installed.

I used the latest uos version.

I tried to deal with the parameters of uos_AddIntoDevOut with no result.

Is there any suggestion that I should follow?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Epameinondas KRANIAS

Re: Problem with Raspberry Pi OS

fredvs
Administrator
Hello.

What model of Rpi and what version of Raspbian are you using and have problem?

What model of Rpi and what version of Raspbian are you using and have NO problem?

Could you give a little demo that shows the problem?

Do you use the library from uos or from system?

Re: Problem with Raspberry Pi OS

Epameinondas Kranias
Hello,

I had no problems with Stretch and Buster versions of Raspbian (with no special configuration).

On the same raspberry device when I boot with Buster version, no problem at all.

When I use Pi OS I get:

Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround21
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround21
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround40
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround41
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround50
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround51
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.surround71
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.iec958
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.iec958
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.iec958
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'defaults.bluealsa.device'
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: Δεν υπάρχει τέτοιο αρχείο ή κατάλογος
ALSA lib conf.c:5036:(snd_config_expand) Args evaluate error: Δεν υπάρχει τέτοιο αρχείο ή κατάλογος
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM bluealsa
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'defaults.bluealsa.device'
ALSA lib conf.c:4568:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: Δεν υπάρχει τέτοιο αρχείο ή κατάλογος
ALSA lib conf.c:5036:(snd_config_expand) Args evaluate error: Δεν υπάρχει τέτοιο αρχείο ή κατάλογος
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM bluealsa
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
ALSA lib pcm.c:2565:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM input
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams, &alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924
Cannot connect to server socket err = Δεν υπάρχει τέτοιο αρχείο ή κατάλογος
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for -1, skipping unlock
Expression 'paInvalidSampleRate' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2048
Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_InitialConfigure( &self->playback, outParams, self->primeBuffers, hwParamsPlayback, &realSr )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2722
Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Configure( stream, inputParameters, outputParameters, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, &inputLatency, &outputLatency, &hostBufferSizeMode )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2843
Expression 'paInvalidSampleRate' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2048
Expression 'PaAlsaStreamComponent_InitialConfigure( &self->playback, outParams, self->primeBuffers, hwParamsPlayback, &realSr )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2722
Expression 'PaAlsaStream_Configure( stream, inputParameters, outputParameters, sampleRate, framesPerBuffer, &inputLatency, &outputLatency, &hostBufferSizeMode )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 2843

The device plays media files regularly with other apps like vlc or chromium.

I am sure that something I am missing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Epameinondas Kranias

P.S. I have no problem to downgrade the OS. After all your work is just great.

Re: Problem with Raspberry Pi OS

fredvs
Administrator
Hello.

Sorry but I did not understand what OS have problem.

Is it Stretch or Buster or a other?

It seems that there is a problem with libasound.so.2 in your new os.

Could you try this if it is possible for you:

Copy libasound.so.2 from the OS that is working and paste it in the OS with problems, in the same directory.

If that fixes the problems, the reason is that libasound is a other version, so could you give me the zip file of that libasound.so.2 and I will check it.

Fre;D

Re: Problem with Raspberry Pi OS

Epameinondas Kranias
Other the new one,
As the official site says (https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/):
"Raspberry Pi OS (previously called Raspbian) is our official operating system for all models of the Raspberry Pi."

Thank you I will check it out.

Re: Problem with Raspberry Pi OS

fredvs
Administrator
Ha, ok, I will download and install it asap.

> Do you use the library from uos or from system?

Could you try this?:

 uos_LoadLib(Pchar('system'), Pchar('system'),  Pchar('system'), nil, nil, nil) ;