How to get volume and peak frequency at given location in audio file?

ic

Re: How to get volume and peak frequency at given location in audio file?

ic
Hi

Just tested, and still getting crackles ( if anything more ),
No crackles in version prior to todays bugfix..

Re: How to get volume and peak frequency at given location in audio file?

fredvs
Administrator
> Just tested, and still getting crackles ( if anything more ),

Do you get still crashes ?

Do you get those crackles always, for all uos demos or only using your uos_spectrum demo ?

Re: How to get volume and peak frequency at given location in audio file?

fredvs
Administrator
Re-hello.

May you try with last uos commit 52ca515..63a243c ?

Is it better ?

Fre;D
ic

Re: How to get volume and peak frequency at given location in audio file?

ic
Hi

Apolgies for the delay,

Yes the latest comit I downloaded 30 minutes ago, works fine no clips/cracks. :)

Sometimes I hve noticed odd sound artifacts, when creating an output with the LatencyOutHigh parameter of the selected output Device; I managed to get around this by doubling the value. So not sure if GetDevice info is getting spurious results from connected devices now and again; but not always.

regarding using this parameter LatencyOutputHi when connecting to wasapi driver the returned values are always 0.00000; so what would the best value to use for a device that has a latency of 0?

Thanks for continuing to investigate the issue.  Hopefully all these findings/fixes will make uos more stable..

Re: How to get volume and peak frequency at given location in audio file?

fredvs
Administrator
Hello.

Happy that some of your problems are fixed.

> regarding using this parameter LatencyOutputHi when connecting to wasapi driver the returned values are always 0.00000; so what would the best value to use for a device that has a latency of 0?

Please take a look here:
http://www.portaudio.com/docs/latency.html

Fre;D
12