Sporadic error: Invalid pointer operation

Sporadic error: Invalid pointer operation

fauri
Hi there!

Sometimes I've found a odd error with UOS. I believe that problem is with the uos_InputAddDSPVolume and/or uos_InputSetDSPVolume usage between creation and releasing players.

When I debug the application, I get a error "RunError(204)" in uos.pas, at line 7148:
setlength(StreamIn[x].data.Buffer,StreamIn[x].Data.outframes)

Finally, I receive a error "Invalid pointer operation".

Thanks in advance!

Re: Sporadic error: Invalid pointer operation

fredvs
Administrator
Hello.

What OS are you using ?

Could you give the code (few more) when it happens ?

When is it happening, playing a song, changing the volume,... ?

Thanks.

Fre;D

Re: Sporadic error: Invalid pointer operation

fredvs
fauri wrote
Hi there!

Sometimes I've found a odd error with UOS. I believe that problem is with the uos_InputAddDSPVolume and/or uos_InputSetDSPVolume usage between creation and releasing players.

When I debug the application, I get a error "RunError(204)" in uos.pas, at line 7148:
setlength(StreamIn[x].data.Buffer,StreamIn[x].Data.outframes)

Finally, I receive a error "Invalid pointer operation".

Thanks in advance!
Hello.

Could you try last commit : 4352f92..639c4cd ?

Added some more protections (but I did not find any bug).

Fre;D

Re: Sporadic error: Invalid pointer operation

fauri
Hi there! Sorry for delay. Sometimes it's happens when I use uos_InputAddDSPVolume and uos_InputSetDSPVolume for multiple sounds (drum machine again). And no, the last commits didn't work.

Re: Sporadic error: Invalid pointer operation

fredvs
Administrator
Hello.

So, sorry I will need to see the code you are using..

I cannot reproduce it.

Or explain what you want and I will add it in SimpleDrums demo.

[EDIT] Are you using mono or stereo input ?

Fre;D

Re: Sporadic error: Invalid pointer operation

fredvs
fauri wrote
Hi there! Sorry for delay. Sometimes it's happens when I use uos_InputAddDSPVolume and uos_InputSetDSPVolume for multiple sounds (drum machine again). And no, the last commits didn't work.
Re-hello.

Only to be sure...

Are you using uos_InputAddDSPVolume() only after creation of input  (for example after uos_AddFromMemoryStream()) ?

And then you may use uos_InputSetDSPVolume() when you want.

So, to resume, did you use  uos_InputAddDSPVolume() only ones (not everytime when you use  uos_InputSetDSPVolume() ) ?

Fre;D