consoleplay example doesn't work on Raspberry Pi

Re: consoleplay example doesn't work on Raspberry Pi

Dim Tim
fredvs wrote
Is it possible for you to give me the complete command-line that you use to cross-compile consoleplay demo?
Not sure: I compile from Lazarus, of course.  But I can attach my consoleplay.lpi  Cross compiler is easily installed by fpcupdeluxe, after installing native Lazarus instance.  Lazarus instances, installed by fpcup are independent from the "main" Lazarus, all you need is enough disk space. :)

consoleplay.7z

Re: consoleplay example doesn't work on Raspberry Pi

fredvs
Administrator
Dim Tim wrote
fredvs wrote
Is it possible for you to give me the complete command-line that you use to cross-compile consoleplay demo?
Not sure: I compile from Lazarus, of course.  But I can attach my consoleplay.lpi  Cross compiler is easily installed by fpcupdeluxe, after installing native Lazarus instance.  Lazarus instances, installed by fpcup are independent from the "main" Lazarus, all you need is enough disk space. :)

consoleplay.7z
Thanks Dim Tim.

But I see that you added "define.inc".
What uos release are you using ?
Because uos uses from years now "uos_define.inc" unit (no more "define.inc").

Fred;D

Re: consoleplay example doesn't work on Raspberry Pi

fredvs
Administrator
Re-hello.

I have try your "consoleplay" cross-compiled binary on my Rpi and indeed, it fails with "invalid sample rate 44100.00".

I dont catch why with my "direct-compil" it is OK and not with your "cross-compil".

I was using last uos commit for the "direct-compil": https://github.com/fredvs/uos/archive/refs/heads/main.zip

Sorry but I dont have free-time to install cross-compilers at the moment, maybe next week.
But if there is difference in result with "direct-compil" vs "cross-compil" I fear that I could not help for that.

Fre;D

Re: consoleplay example doesn't work on Raspberry Pi

Dim Tim
Sure, don't waste your time.  I already implemented voice messages based on VLC.  It's a problem of FPC, not yours.  Hope they solve it.  Maybe I'll try a bit later to make a test library with function with the same parameters, to print their values.  Though it will be a pascal lib, of course. :)  I do work with C/C++, but only for microcontrollers.

Re: consoleplay example doesn't work on Raspberry Pi

fredvs
Hello Dim Tim.

In last uos commit: e4180ce all call to SampleRate in uos are converted to CDouble, like PortAudio library want.
I hope that it fix cross-compiling.

Fre;D
12