Recording a network audio stream

Chris
Hello Fred,

it has been quite for a while.
This is a preliminary question without working on a project yet.

I have a process running on a host that receives a UDP unicast/RTP/Opus encoded voice signal that is decoded to the earpeace of an ordinary telephone handset. ( http://www.pogo.org.uk/~mark/trx/ )
Now I am facing the need to record this UDP stream on the same host.

I read about uos_AddFromURL();  Is it possible to use an IP adress and a UDP port number with this function?
Example: uos_addFromURL('10.91.140.112:17000')

The second question is about basic IP: Is it possible to receive the same socket (unicast) on the same host with two different processes? From my basic IP knowledge I would say NO.

My basic approach to this problem was to have the stream decoded to analogue , split it and re-encode it with UOS on a different sound card. It would require some additional circuitry on the analogue side and is perfectly feasible. But the direct approach would be more elegant.

Thanx in advance

Re: Recording a network audio stream

fredvs
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Recording a network audio stream

fredvs
Administrator
Hello Chris.

For getting the url, uos uses  TFPHTTPClient.
In uos, it is in uos_httpgetthread.pas.

I have to study TFPHTTPClient to see how to deal with  use an IP adress and a UDP port number.

(Or maybe you know better TFPHTTPClient than me).

Once it is implemented for uos, it should not have problem for all your needs.

PS: For all internet stuff, I m not guru and have difficult access to internet.
But, trust me, we gonna find the solution of your project.

Fre;D